Monday, January 31, 2011

ALOHA!!!

As I wrote in my first post from Hawai'i, I heard the word ALOHA! a billion times on my first day here, actually it started before I got here, it already started on the plane from LA to Hawaii.
And it didn't getter any better on my "2nd" day here - sunday.
At church all the teachers and speakers started out by saying: "ALOHA! brothers and sisters"
and then the whole congregation would reply: "ALOHA!" in one voice.
To me that is a little weird. Cuz it doesn't really seem reverent to me, to do that duuring a sacrament meeting or a sunday school or preisthood lesson.
I know it's part of there culture and that is how you do it here... I would just have to get used to it.
Besides sunday I did nothing but hang out with Alicia all day... I loved it...
Well, sunday morning we got picked up by a guy named Dave for church. As I get in the car we chat a little bit and I tell him that that I am from Denmark.
He tells me that he knows someone whoe speaks a little danish, I get excited and ask who it is, to which he answers: "It's a girl named Alicia".
Now I'm not so excited anymore cuz I already know her... But he gets a littl surprised when I tell him that she is my girlfriend, and that is why I am in Hawaii.
So as I said after church we just hung out and relaxed. I enjoyed it.
In the evening Alicia got me a ride to the placewhere I am staying now, from one of her roommates, I don't remember her name, but thanks to Alicias roommate, I really appreciate it.
The people I am staying with is Michelle and her husband Yo. Michelle is danish and her maiden name was Bång, I have n idea what her last name is now.
It seems like Michelle really enjoys having someone to speak danish with again... she talks alot :)

Monday morning we went to institute. We took a PoGP class. It was really good. We talked about Moses and God, and a lot about the creation. I enjoyed it.
Then I went to the Ala moana shopping center while Alicia went to class and work. It was really nice, it is an out side, so I could enjoy the sun while I was there. I spend almost 6 hours there by my self, but time flew by.
Then Alicia came and we went to the beach. We didn't go into the water for real, but that is the plan for today.
Then we went to fhe. It was good, but I was way too tired to really enjoy it.
As I took the bus to get home I got of the wrong place and got lost... not what I needed since I was really tired... but michelle and yo were really nice and then came and picked me up.
So it all went well.






No comments: